Discussion on hold
KUWAIT CITY, Jan 23: The technical committee of the Municipal Council has postponed the discussion on the proposal which has been submitted by member Hammoud Aqla Al-Enezi on the burial of expatriates in the respective governorates, reports Al-Rai daily.
The daily said, the issue will be discussed during the next meeting in the presence of concerned administration members of the Kuwait Municipality. The Director of the funerals department Dr Faisal Al-Awadi told the daily the response of the Municipality to the proposal was to divide the cemetery as follows: The burial of the deceased who lives in the Capital City, Sulaibikhat, Hawalli, Farwaniya and Jahra will be buried in the Jahra Cemetery and those from the Mubarak Al-Kabir and Al-Ahmadi governorates will be buried in the Sabhan Cemetery.
He added, “The burial will be according to the address written in the civil ID of the deceased explaining that “the approval is as per the technical regulation to reduce the pressure on the cemetery of Sulaibikhat and has nothing to do with the Sharia side.
He pointed out that “the proportion of the deceased buried in Sulaibikhat only is between 40 and 50 percent of the total number of people buried and the cemetery cannot be expanded any more. He said no date has been set to begin the implementation of the proposal especially as the Municipality is waiting for official approval, pointing out that “the municipality will consider in the event of any objections from the people related to the burial site.”
Source: Arab Times
KUWAIT CITY, Jan 23: A knowledgeable security source has denied the authenticity of what was reported about allowing expatriates to enter the country on medical treatment visit visa and receive the costly therapeutic treatment in the government or private hospitals, reports Al-Anba daily.
The source said: “There are very specific cases and visits were allowed upon orders from the high command. These were for therapeutic visit in government hospitals and patients came from Syria, Iraq and Yemen in limited numbers.
The source added: It is unreasonable that the Ministry Interior allows such visits especially in light of the high cost of treatment and shortage of beds in hospitals. The source explained that the door for the therapeutic visit can be opened in private hospitals so that these hospitals can receive certain cases and be able to treat them fully provided that the patients reside in the hospital. The sources pointed out that such visits will be subjected to meeting financial obligations to be determined later, adding that no therapeutic visits have been approved for private hospitals, so far.
Source: Arab Times
KUWAIT CITY, Jan 9: General Department for Residency Affairs affiliated to Ministry of Interior has issued new regulations concerning visit visas of different types, reports Al-Anba daily.
As per the new regulations, expatriates can apply for visit visas for their parents provided their monthly salaries are not less than KD 500.
The concerned authorities have the right to determine the duration of their visit – either family visa for a duration of 30 days or tourist visa for a duration of 90 days – based on the sponsors’ profession and circumstances, and the purpose of the visit.
Regarding visa for siblings, expatriates can apply for family visit visa for them for a duration of only 30 days.
Extending duration of visit still remains suspended for all types of visit visas.
In his first step toward reform, Assistant Undersecretary for Residency Affairs Major General Talal Marafi has issued a decision to allow members of the family (father, mother and parents of the wife) to stay for three months instead of one month while on visit, reports Al-Qabas daily.
The daily quoting knowledgeable sources said Marafi was briefed on a detailed report concerning pressure and crowds of people witnessed at the Residency Affairs Departments in all six governorates in their bid to extend visit visas, which are valid for only one month, saying the trend affects the system of work in the departments
34,742 powers of attorney processed in 2018
KUWAIT CITY, Jan 12: A recent statistic issued by the Office of the Minister of Oil, a copy of which has been obtained by the daily, shows the employment of national workforce in the Kuwait Petroleum Corporation (KPC) and its subsidiaries particularly those who hold scientific qualifications in the fields of petroleum engineering and chemical engineering has reached 84 percent compared to 16 percent for expatriates in the same specialization which works out to 2,021 Kuwaitis compared to 329 expatriates, reports Al-Qabas daily.
The KPC and its subsidiaries have employed 412 Kuwaiti engineers over the past three years, according to the statistics. The company and its subsidiaries have a strategy to employ 749 qualified Kuwaiti petroleum and chemical engineers over the five-year period.
In other news, after the electronic transformation of the Justice Ministry and achievement of the ‘smart ministry’ concept, Chairperson of Farwaniya Documentation Office Sara Al- Hamadan confirmed the office is processing all kinds of public or private powers of attorney (proxies) without the need to visit the concerned department in the main building; indicating they processed a total of 34,742 powers of attorney in and outside the office in 2018, reports Alrai daily.
In her interview with the daily, Al- Hamdan disclosed the most common transaction in Al-Riqqei office is the power of attorney. She affirmed the office is keen on establishing a special counter due to the nature of its work that requires facilitation of transactions and external service for the elderly and patients such that the person in charge of processing the document can go to the house or hospital on a case by case basis. She affirmed the office has allocated a counter for online transactions so the applicants can receive the documents after affixing their signature without waiting in a queue
MoI pledges tough action against ‘Bedoun’ planning sit-ins in Jahra
KUWAIT CITY, Jan 12: Commenting on news reports that some Bedoun have called for demonstrations and sitins in Taima, Jahra, the Ministry of Interior has stressed it will not tolerate any kind of disturbances and violation of the law, reports Al-Rai daily.
Sources at the ministry said, firm action will be taken against those who plan to take the law in their hands.
The daily said a meeting was held between the Central System for Remedying the Status of Illegal Residents (CSRSIR) or the so-called Bedoun in Kuwait and a number of security official, during which all options were placed on the table including measures against those who instigate and plan to disrupt peace through demonstrations and sit-ins.
Security sources revealed such practices which affect the societal security in the country must be dealt with seriously and emphasized on the need to activate all legal procedures against the violators.
The sources pointed out among the measures that have been agreed upon to activate are considering unauthorized gatherings unlawful based on previous court rulings, filing lawsuits against the instigators and demonstrators and putting a remark in the file of naturalization.
The sources added the intelligence services shall be asked to summon the guardian if the violator is a military man, and put the remark in his file for consideration when the request to extend his service is filed and a request is made for the issue of Article 17 passport, or when a request is made to renew the driving license.
The sources pointed out that CSRSIR confirmed during the meeting that if the judicial provisions include the penalty of deportation in the case the violator has relatives whether inside Kuwait or in neighboring countries, a request will be made to receive the suspect.
KUWAIT: Ahmadi detectives identified the person who forced a child to smoke a cigarette in a video that went viral on social media and was shown by a satellite channel. The Arab expat, who was summoned, said the child is the son of his friend and it was the father who was filming them for fun. The father admitted making the video, and was sent to the child protection department and charged accordingly. Further investigations revealed that the person who appeared in the clip forced children under 18 to work in a Fahaheel market shop in violation of the residency law. Both men were sent to concerned authorities.
Quad ban in 2 areas
Traffic department added Khairan and Seaside Sabah Al-Ahmad City to residential areas where all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) are not allowed to be driven, implementing the Council of Ministers law 900/2009 regarding banning small vehicles from main roads, highways and neighborhoods.
By Hanan Al-Saadoun
KUWAIT CITY, Nov 22: Assistant Undersecretary for Legal Affairs at Ministry of Health Mohammad Al-Subai’e declared that the queues at the health insurance center has ended, reports Al-Anba daily.
He explained that all visitors completed their transactions on Wednesday due to which there will not be any congestion.
The working hours have been extended to 12 hours per day – from 7:30 am to 7 pm. Al-Subai’e reassured expatriates by saying “From next week there will be no long queues or congestion. The work process will be carried out without delay”.
Earlier, tMinister of Health Dr Bassel Al-Sabah held an extensive meeting with the officials of Public Services Company which offers services of registration and issuance of health insurance cards to expatriates, reports Al-Qabas daily.
During the meeting, he stressed the need to immediately end the suffering of the visitors. According to informed sources, the meeting was held at the ministry and lasted for nearly two hours. They agreed on bringing an end to the problem of congestion at the health insurance centers through real solutions adopted by the company.
They decided to increase the number of employees of the company and ministry, and launched computerized system in the ministry to complete as many transactions of citizens and residents as possible.
In other news, Ministry of Health recently stated that only 3,900 overseas medical treatment applications have been approved from January to July 2018, saying the low rate of approvals is due to the ministry’s abidance to regulations and decisions governing the procedure of overseas medical treatment, reports Al-Rai daily.
It denied rumors peddled about the approvals from January until July reaching 7,000. It added the ministry has adopted centralized specialized committees for orthopedic, dermatology and ocular diseases. Meanwhile, the Ministry of Health celebrated World Diabetes Day with the theme: “Diabetes, concern of every family” under the auspices of Health Minister Dr Bassel Al-Sabah.
In a press statement, Director of the ministry’s Media Office Dr Ghaliya Al-Mutairi disclosed that Sheikha Anisa Al-Hamoud Al-Sabah will attend the celebration, which will take place Wednesday at Sheikha Salwa Al-Sabah Hall, in collaboration with Roudh Al-Saleheen School. She said the event has two main objectives – to stress the importance for family members to know warning signs and symptoms of diabetes, especially since one out of two people suffering from the disease are undiagnosed for a long period until complications emerge.
The second objective is to educate family members on how to care for diabetes patients and that controlling the disease necessitates every family member to lead a healthy lifestyle while the patient needs continuous psychological support from all. Al-Mutairi affirmed that diabetes is the concern of every family as it is one of the most widespread diseases in the world. International reports on diabetes revealed that 415 million people are currently suffering from the disease or one out of 11 people globally. The number is expected to increase to more than 640 million by 2040.